India Rubber Expo 2017 will be the largest event in this series with a space allocation of 25,000 sq meters, about 400 exhibitors from more than 12 countries and an expected 25,000 footfalls, says K T Thomas, Chairman, Organising Committee, IRE 2017.
In an interview to Rubber Asia on the eve of Asia’s biggest rubber show, he points out that an ASTM-Certified Course on Testing held for the first time in India, Workshops conducted and certified by ACS, Akron, USA, for the first time in India, besides the Reverse Buyer-Seller Meets (RBSM), Special scheme for Tiny and SSI sector etc. are the unique features of IRE 2017. EXCERPTS:
What are the highlights of IRE 2017 and what is its significance in the present context of Indian rubber industry?
India Rubber Expo (IRE), which had its debut in 2001, is now Asia’s largest rubber expo and one of the most anticipated events in the International Rubber Industry. Now into its ninth edition, the Expo held at the Chennai Trade Centre, Chennai, continues to provide a valuable platform for growth, exchange and collaboration. More than a decade since its inception, the India Rubber Expo has grown in space allocation with every expo — from 3,000 sqmetres in 2001 to 5,000 sqmetres in 2003, 7,000 sqmetres in 2005, and 10,000 sqmetres in 2007, 14,000 sq meters in 2011, 18,000 sq meters in 2013 and 2015. The Expo in 2017 covers more than 25,000 sq meters. The number of visitors at the expo has also been increasing consistently from 5,000 in 2001 to over 18,000 visitors in 2015 and the 2017 Expo is expected to have over 25,000 visitors.
Offering a unique opportunity for Indian companies to meet, share information and plan developments with overseas companies, it is a vital part of the thriving rubber industry, and a clear indicator of India’s own status as the fastest growing economy in the world.
In what ways do you think IRE 2017 will help to promote the interests of various stakeholders of the rubber industry?
The India Rubber Expo provides a common forum for international companies to work together, which is especially relevant in Asia, where the growth rates for the rubber markets are expected to be higher than for international counterparts. Experts and specialists from Japan, China, Malaysia, Korea, Netherlands, Germany and USA come together with those from India to discuss emerging market scenarios, technologies, alliances and various related issues. The success and growth of the India Rubber Expo is exponential to the rise of the Indian Rubber Industry and its contribution to the global markets. IRE 2017 will cover the entire gamut of the rubber industry from around the world and will no doubt echo the success of the previous expos, if not exceed it.
What are the special features of IRE 2017 compared to the previous shows?
The following are the special features of IRE 2017:
• ASTM-Certified Course on Testing being held for the first time in India
• 12 half / full day Workshops with some of the workshops being conducted and certified by ACS, Akron , USA. for the first time in India
• Reverse Buyer-Seller Meets (RBSM).
• Special scheme for the Tiny and SSI sectors
What is the total number of exhibitors and the countries participating in the expo?
IRE 2017 has about 400 exhibitors from more than 12 countries.
How big is the Chinese presence in the expo?
Chinese pavilion will be approx. 1000 sq. meters consisting of about 70 booths
What are the highlights of the inaugural function?
The following will be the highlights of the inaugural function: Welcome address, Opening remarks, Keynote address, Presentation of K M Philip award, Release of Exhibition Directory and Entertainments, a surprise element,
Who are the key speakers at the seminars and workshops and how many presentations are expected?
The following is the list of Workshops/Seminars along with the names of the key speakers for each of them:
• Rubber Technology and Testing for Achieving Product Performance – John S Dick
• Influence of Compound Ingredients on Moulding fouling – Dr Hans-Joachim Graf
• The Science and Art of Mixing – Aji MN
• Tear Trims & Overflows optimized for compression Moulding – Van Walworth
• Design of Transfer Pots/Plungers & Sprues for Rubber Transfer Moulding – Van Walworth
• Understanding Raw Materials – The Building Blocks For Rubber Compounding – John S Dick
• Vacuum Mould Design & Process Requirements for Rubber Compression & Transfer Moulding – Van Walworth
• Principles of Good Rubber Compounding – Dr Hans-Joachim Graf
• The Manufacture and Markets of Medical, Elastomeric Devices- Prospects and Challenges – William &Dr R.K. Matthan
What is the importance of the Buyer-Seller meet being organised as part of IRE 2017 and how many participants are expected for the event?
Domestic – Reverse-Buyer Seller Meet (RBSM) would be a two-day event happening on the second and third day of the show (January 20 and 21, 2017). At this meet, the domestic buyers will be given the opportunity to display their desirable rubber components to be procured from the industry. The following are the highlights of this RBSM:
• Dedicated space exclusively earmarked for the Reverse BSM
• Expected number of Domestic Buyers to be over 30
• Each Buyer will be allotted a complimentary desk space for component display
• The area will be allotted segment wise – Automobile Manufacturers, Auto Component Manufacturers, Defense/ Aerospace/ Railway/Ports/Marine Industries, Medical & Surgical Industries, Equipment & Machinery Industries, Engineering & Tooling Industry, Industrial Application, Oil & Gas Industry, Leather, Sports, Rubber &allied industries
• Exhibitors at the IRE 2017 get an opportunity for one-to-one meetings with these potential buyers at the expo.
What is special about the ASTM-Certified courses at IRE 2017?
As part of IRE 2017, the ASTM-Certified Course on Testing is being conducted for the first time in India. ASTM International is a globally recognized leader in the development and delivery of voluntary consensus standards. Today over 12,000 ASTM standards are used around the world to improve product quality, enhance health and safety, strengthen market access and trade, and build consumer confidence. ASTM international standards are the tools of customer satisfaction and competitiveness for companies across a wide range of markets.
To know more about the ASTM Certified course, please log on to http://www.indiarubberexpo.in/ASTM-course-registration-form.php or download IRE 2017 App.